Saturday, July 25, 2015

Book Review - Tat Tvam Asi by Pinky Acharya

Tat Tvan Asi meaning ‘That Art Thou’ is a collection of little stories that according to the back cover is the author’s ‘viridicial journey that propagates empathy through inner cleansing’. I honestly don’t know what I was expecting when I signed up to review this book.

The stories ranged around acts of goodness by domestic helps, stories of good Samaritans, obvious insights on the thought processes of the haves and have-nots, technological advances etc. Each story about 1-2 pages long was followed by a message or a learning the author had from the story. It looks like the underlying message at the end of the book is little instances everyday in our lives have a story behind them and a learning behind them. But isn’t that true of our lives everyday?

Well honestly, I could be wrong but I found the stories something we have all experience at some point in our lives or read in the local news too! I didn’t find the insights particularly new or revealing or anything that would leave a deep impression in my mind. However, if you can use the insights and moral lessons the writer gives us in this light read, perhaps it might just inspire you to be ‘good’ and do some good in the world!


I would rate this book 2.5 on 5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment